5 Things About… Brainstorming!
May 28, 2013
Last week, I had the opportunity to sit with our executive team and Matthew Ferrara to discuss website design, social media strategy and app development. While I can’t share the details with you (yet!), the six hour brainstorm session did provide a lot of amazing insight that can be translated in to how YOU think about your own brand and approach to marketing.
Regardless of what you’re contemplating revamping (whether it be your digital marketing, social media, print advertising or something completely different), there are a few steps that you can take to get you really thinking about what you want your final product to be.
- The audit. What are you currently doing that works? What doesn’t? It’s important to be completely honest in this assessment, because it will tell you what you need to change.
- The feel. Do you want to be cool? Edgy? Timeless? Relevant? Intuitive? Classic? Your answer will ultimately drive your new program. Throw out all the words you can think of, and see what fits.
- The reality. Realistically, what do you want to do that you KNOW you can accomplish? If you’re looking to create a new digital marketing campaign, what do you know you can do yourself? List out everything you could possibly do.
- The dream. In your wildest dreams, what could you imagine your new program doing? Maybe you want an online ad that talks to the consumer, or that knows their likes and dislikes and targets them specifically. It doesn’t necessarily have to be plausible today, but it’s good be creative and think outside the box.
- The priorities. Of everything you just listed, realities and dreams, how many are feasible? Pick a number and then prioritize your list. You can always revisit it later to add another aspect, but start with a manageable list.
Could you see yourself using these strategies in a brainstorm? If you had the choice today, what would you want to revamp?
Article source: http://blog.raveis.com/2013/05/28/5-things-about-brainstorming/